A love note to the workaholic, March career fair, and more!

Friday, February 24, 2012

If you have trouble viewing this email, click here.
Washington Post - Jobs - Career Newsletter
Find jobs Post your resume Search agents Friday, February 24, 2012

FEATURED CONTENT
featured content image

A love note to the workaholic
By Brené Brown

As a vulnerability researcher, I’ve noticed a pattern in my conversations and interviews with leaders and entrepreneurs. Within a very short period of time, our discussions become deeply personal and there’s an evolution that moves from This is how I lead to This is who I am to These are the people I love.

We often start by discussing issues like transparency in high-performance cultures, but invariably we land on issues like authenticity and values in leadership. These topics give way to deeper explorations of what it means to let ourselves be seen and to cultivate meaningful connection with the people in our lives – especially our families.

As someone who is intimately familiar with overachieving, I recognize the angst behind the questions I hear from men and women who have accomplished so much professionally but struggle to stay connected personally. Questions ranging from “Why am I so engaged at work, yet I feel increasingly disconnected from my wife and children?” to “How do I turn off the self-critical instincts that serve me as a leader? I don’t want to be that kind of mother.”  

» Read more

Advertisement
UPCOMING EVENT
The Washington Post's March Career Fair 
Engineering, Technology & Security Cleared Pavilion
Monday, March 19, 2012, 10AM to 3PM 
Location: 
Tysons Corner Marriott

JOBS OF THE WEEK
IT Configuration Manager
Lexes Associates, Inc.
Alexandria, VA
Apply Now
Manager, Healthcare Data Analytics
MedAssurant, Inc.
Bowie, MD
Apply Now
Courtesy Accounting Manager
SmithBucklin Corporation
Washington, DC
Apply Now
» See more jobs
HELPFUL TOOLS:

Be the first to apply for that job! Get instant alerts on our Industry specific Twitter feeds.

» See All Accounts

SEND US A TIPUNSUBSCRIBE | PRIVACY POLICY | NEWSLETTER CENTER

 

0 komentar: